Wednesday, July 12, 2017

(Crock Pot Ribs) - Barbecue Rib Nachos

Dinner Tonight: (Crock Pot Ribs) - Barbecue Rib Nachos






Had a toasted Healthy Life English Muffin, lightly buttered, and a cup of my Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Right after Breakfast Me and Mom headed to Jungle Jim's Market in Fairfield. The most amazing grocery store you could ever be in! It's tough going in and leaving with what you wanted, you always end up with more! We didn't stay long though, we can't leave Dad alone too long. Outside it is miserable! It's sunny and 92 degrees with the humidity at 88%! So no outdoor activities today. Did a few things around the house and watched a couple of shows I had recorded. For Dinner tonight a new recipe, and one I was looking forward to try. Tonight its Barbecue Rib Nachos. Ribs and Nachos, get out!
   







I came across this recipe on Facebook and could not wait to try it, Barbecue Rib Nachos! This has no choice but to be good, Ribs and Nachos, no choice! I purchased the Pork Back Ribs at Meijer yesterday. I'm using Meijer Pork Back Ribs. The Meijer Pork products always turn out great, very moist and tender. I'm preparing them the same way I always do Ribs, in the Crock Pot. 












I started by Marinating the Ribs in JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce. My favorite BBQ Sauce, I purchase this at Kroger. I Ribs came packaged as 1/2 Racks. First time I've seen 1/2 Racks like that, good idea though if you are just cooking for one. Plus it saves me time by not having to cut the Ribs, which I have to do to fit in the Crock Pot. So I put the Ribs into a gallon Hefty Bag, added the BBQ Sauce to them, sealed the bag, and let them Marinate overnight in the fridge.










Next day to prepare them I first got out the Crock Pot and put the plastic liner in. I love these liners, they make clean up a breeze. I then sprayed the liner with Pam Cooking Spray, added a 1/2 cup of Water, and turned the Crock Pot on to low and put the lid on. Got the Ribs out of the fridge and let them sit for about 20 minutes before adding them to the Crock Pot. I shook off the excess Sauce before putting them in the Crock Pot. The Ribs are in and I put the lid on and let them cook for 7 hours. In about the 4th hour the you can start to smell the aroma of the Ribs!    








Ready for the oven....


As the Ribs were cooking I gathered my Ingredients to make the Nachos. I'll need Ribs (which were already coking), JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce (Some for the Ribs and extra for the Nacho Dish), Sargento Shredded Mozzarella, Tostito's Whole Grain Scoops , Litehouse Spring Onions, Lettuce, and Jalapeno Slices. 











....and ready to eat!

After 7 hours of Slow Cooking the Ribs are fall off the bone Ribtastic! I removed the Rib Meat from the bones, which was very easy as the bones just pulled out, and set aside. Layer 1/3 of the Scoops with 1/3 of the cheese and BBQ Sauce. Repeat 2 more times until the nachos are built. Broil for 90 seconds or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. I garnished with some Litehouse Spring Onions, Lettuce, and some Jalapeno Slices. All I can say is INCREDIBLE! Hats off to the Seasoned Sprinkle website, nothing less than excellent recipe! The Ribs, BBQ Sauce, Cheese, and Scoop Chips all blend together to make this one delicious dish. Ribs and Nachos, go figure! The ordinal recipe and web link is at the end of the post. For Dessert later a Weight Watcher's Cookies and Cream Ice Cream Bar.










BARBECUE RIB NACHOS
Barbecue Rib Nachos make the perfect summer party food

Ingredients

For the Sauce:
3 cans peaches
2 adobe peppers
5 teaspoons chili powder
3 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
3 teaspoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
4 teaspoons cumin
1/2 cup molasses
3 teaspoons vinegar
1/3 cup brown sugar

For the Rub:
1/4 cup evoo
Salt and pepper
1 T garlic powder
2 T paprika
1 t cayenne pepper
2 T chili powder
1 T cumin
1/4 cup brown sugar

For the nachos
3-4 pounds Smithfield extra tender ribs, cut from the bone and shredded
1 large bag of tortilla chips
4 cups of cheddar cheese
the reserved barbecue sauce
Instructions

For the sauce
Drain about half of each can of peaches and add remainder to blender with peppers and garlic.Blend them until smooth.
Combine all sauce ingredients in pot and cook over low heat for 1-2 hours. This sauce gets better the longer it cooks.

For the ribs
Combine all rub ingredients in bowl. Rub directly on to ribs. Brush sauce on over ribs. Cook over indirect heat of coals for 4-6 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone, brushing with more sauce periodically.
For the nachos

Remove the rib meat from the bones and set aside. Layer 1/3 of the chips with 1/3 of the cheese and reserved barbecue sauce. Repeat 2 more times until the nachos are built. Broil for 90 seconds or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with green onions and jalapenos if desired. Enjoy!
Cuisine: American | Recipe Type: dinner
Notes

* If desired substitute 2 bottles of your favorite barbecue sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment