This week's Wild Idea Buffalo Recipe of the Week is a Red, White, and Blue Buffalo Burgers. The Wild Idea Buffalo Patties or Ground Buffalo are delicious no matter how you prepare them! With this recipe you'll be using Wild Idea Premium Ground Buffalo. With toppings of Wild Idea Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese and a touch of Chokecherry or Plum Preserves. Makes my mouth water! You can find this recipe or purchase any of the Wild Idea cuts of Buffalo all at the Wild Idea Buffalo website. Enjoy and Eat Healthy! https://wildideabuffalo.com/
Red, White, and Blue Buffalo Burgers
The quintessential Buffalo Burger, complete with Buffalo Bacon, Blue Cheese and a touch of fruit preserves! This – soon to be new favorite, will have you making it again, and again and again. Enjoy!
2 - 1 lb. Premium Ground Buffalo
3 - tablespoons olive oil, plus a little more
1/2 - teaspoon mustard
2 - teaspoon ketchup
1/2 - teaspoon thyme
2 - teaspoon salt & pepper
1 - 10 oz. package Buffalo Bacon
6 - ounces blue cheese
½ - cup chokecherry or plum preserves, warmed
6 - hamburger buns
1) Mix 2 tablespoons olive oil, mustard, ketchup, thyme, salt and pepper together.
2) Mix above with Ground Buffalo until well incorporated.
3) Divide into 6 portions and at pat out into bun size patties.
5) Preheat grill to high heat, 500 degrees. Insure grill grates are clean.
6) Brush burgers with a little oil and place on grill. Close grill lid during grilling time. Grill for 2.5 minutes. Turn burgers and top with blue cheese. Close lid and grill for an additional 3 minutes.
7) Remove burgers from heat, and allow too rest for a few minutes.
8) Place Buffalo Blue Burgers on bun, drizzle with a little of the warmed preserves and top with Buffalo Bacon. Delicious!