Saturday, June 13, 2015

Seasoned Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Steak Fries

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Steak Fries




Our streak of Hazy, Hot, and Humid continues. Really humid out there today! My dad is still in the hospital, they traced down the internal bleeding and it was nothing serious. He will have to go through a few treatments to correct it though. Also he's having a lot of trouble breathing and he's very weak, so he might be in there a few days. We had a heavy wind and thunder storm move through late last night. Spent some of the day picking up branches and blowing the leaves and debris. Just cooking for myself tonight, Mom's having dinner up at the hospital with Dad tonight. So I prepared a Seasoned Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Steak Fries




I had purchased the Tilapia from Costco a while back and had them in the freezer. I grabbed 2 of them from the freezer and laid them in the fridge overnight to thaw. I fried 2 fillets one for my dinner tonight and one for my lunch tomorrow. I rinsed the fillets off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then seasoned them a bit of Sea Salt and then rolled it in Zatarain’s Crispy Southern Fish Fri Breading Mix. Using a Cast Iron Skillet,I Pan fried them in Canola Oil about 3 minutes per side. They came out golden brown and delicious! Served it on a Perfection Deli Mini Wheat Sub Bun.






For a side for my Fish Sandwich I baked some Ore Ida Steak Fries. Served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.





Ore Ida Steak Fries

Big meals, meet your match.
Thick and flavorful, but still crispy and fluffy. With their home-style russet potato

SERVING SIZE 84 g
CALORIES 110
FAT 3 g
SODIUM 290 mg
CARBS 19 g

https://www.oreida.com/Products/S/Steak

No comments:

Post a Comment