Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fried Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Smashed Potatoes and Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Smashed Potatoes and Green Beans




Had to fast overnight for my 4 month checkup at the Family Doctor; checking Sugar, Cholesterol, and such. Glad it's over, I don't like going to a doctor and especially a Family Doctor. After that I had to take Dad for a Doctor appointment later in the morning. Back home did the usual, cleaned up the house and cleaned up around the house a bit. Have one of my favorites for dinner tonight, fresh Florida Gulf Coast Grouper! Tonight I prepared a Fried Gulf Coast Grouper w/ Smashed Potatoes and Green Beans.






A good friend of mine gave me a call early last evening and said he just came in from Florida and he was coming by to drop off some Gulf Coast Grouper off to me! And this was fresh caught Grouper, never frozen. He came home Monday and it was caught on early Sunday evening off the Gulf Coast of Florida. They filleted what they had and put them on ice, then straight to my fridge! Now that's fresh! A big “thank you” to Jim for the Grouper! Wow I’ve got some beautiful fillets of Grouper. I coated the fillets in seasoned flour that I seasoned with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley. I fried the fillets in Extra Virgin Olive Oil on medium heat until they were a  golden brown, flipping them over one time. What fantastic tasting fillets! So fresh and meaty, love these Groupers. I'll have leftover Grouper for lunch tomorrow.


For sides I had Smashed Potatoes, Green Beans, and a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. To make the Smashed Potatoes I used Petite Gourmet Potatoes. I cut each Potato in half. Then after putting them in a bowl I added a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and then McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn Medley, Dried Dill, and Parsley and mixed until all were coated. I then boiled them for 20 minutes. Then put them in a serving bowl and with a fork smashed them up. Added I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter and continued to smash and mix. The Green Beans were Del Monte Cut Green Beans. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.




Grouper
A fish weighing from 5-15 pounds. The flesh is lean and firm, but the skin is strongly flavored and should be removed before cooking. Popular varieties are the black grouper, Nassau grouper, red grouper and yellowmouth/yellowfin grouper.

Season: available year-round
* How to prepare: braise, grill, poach, saute, steam
* Matches well with: garlic, honey, lemon, mustard, spinach, white wine
* Substitutions: halibut, sea bass, snapper

No comments:

Post a Comment