Sunday, June 14, 2015

Kielbasa Skillet w/ Baked Rustic French Bread

Dinner Tonight: Kielbasa Skillet w/ Baked Rustic French Bread




Started my morning off with a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and on that I fried up some Boar's Head Honey Smoked Ham. Topped that with a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese and I was set. Also had my morning brew of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. They released  my Dad from the hospital, he's feeling better but he's still awfully weak. Went to Kroger early this morning to pick up a few items for me and Mom. I needed a package of Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffins. They had 2 packages left on the rack and both had mold on them, not real good publicity for Kroger! Sad part is it's not the first time. Anyway for dinner tonight another new recipe, Kielbasa Skillet. I prepared  Kielbasa Skillet w/ Baked Rustic French Bread.



Wasn't real sure of what to have for dinner tonight. Then while at Kroger earlier today I came across some Butterball Every Day Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage, I found dinner! I use the Butterball Hardwood Smoked Turkey Sausage all the time, it had been a while since I had the Kielbasa. Next was finding the right recipe. Which I did on the Taste of Home website, which I use all the time for finding recipes. So a new recipe tonight, Kielbasa Skillet.






I doubled the recipe so I needed the following; 1 pound Polska Kielbasa Turkey Sausage (sliced), 2 cups Del Monte Cut Green Beans, 1 cup sliced fresh Mushrooms, 2 tablespoons Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce, and 2 cups Uncle Ben's White Rice. I used Cut Green Beans instead of French - Style Green Beans, I just prefer the Cut over French. The original recipe is at the end of the post.





To prepare it; In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute Kielbasa until browned. Add the Beans, Mushrooms and Soy Sauce; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with Rice and get ready to enjoy one delicious skillet meal! Everything works in this recipe. The Sausage is delicious and packed with flavor and the Beans and Mushrooms go great with the Sausage. And the Soy Sauce provides the great flavor. Very good recipe and great recipe to keep! I also baked a loaf of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.

 


Kielbasa Skillet Recipe

Ingredients
1/2 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, sliced
1 cup frozen French-style green beans, thawed
1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 cup hot cooked rice

Directions
In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute kielbasa until browned. Add the beans, mushrooms and soy sauce; saute 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.

Nutritional Facts
1 cup kielbasa mixture with 1/2 cup rice (prepared with turkey kielbasa) equals 279 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,421 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 23 g protein.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/kielbasa-skillet

No comments:

Post a Comment