Friday, June 26, 2015

Blackened Yellow Snapper Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Yellow Snapper Sandwich w/ Baked Fries




Feeling a lot better today, now that I worked the soreness out from the tumble I took. Breakfast was so good yesterday I prepared the same thing this morning, Turkey Goetta and a Egg Beater's Egg White Cheese Omelet. As a kid you couldn't pay me to eat Egg Whites and now I actually prefer them over the yolk. Ah times are a changing! A lot of rain overnight and more on the way, actually South of us about 2-3 inches more! It was house cleaning day today; vacuum, dusting, and laundry. For dinner tonight I prepared one of my favorite sandwiches, the Fish sandwich. I prepared a Blackened Yellow Snapper Sandwich w/ Baked Fries





In the package Grouper a buddy mine gave me I also found a couple of Yellowtail Snapper Fillets. Love the Snapper as much as I do the Grouper. And like the Grouper it can be prepared so many different ways, and all of them delicious! The Snapper was in the freezer so I laid them in the fridge overnight to thaw. To prepare tonight's fillets I blackened them. I love to blacken any Fish, just so flavorful. I'm using Zatarain's Blackening Season, which I almost always use.






To prepare the fillets I rinsed them off in cold water and patting dry with paper towel. I melted a tablespoon of butter, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then brushed both sides of the fillets with the melted Butter and seasoned them with Sea Salt and then with Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning. I then I got out my favorite skillet, The Cast Iron Skillet. When the pan was fully heated, on medium heat, I added my Snapper. At this point turn on your Stove Overhead Exhaust Fan on, it will start smoking from the seasoning. Cooked it about 4 minutes per side, and it was ready. Cast Iron Skillets are perfect to use for any cooking but especially when Blacken something. The Skillet heats up and holds it heat and the heat evenly distributes across the Skillet, perfect for Blackening Meats. This Snapper turned out so good, moist and bursting with flavor. Just something about the Gulf Seafood. The Zatarain’s Seasonings are perfect for any Seafood. I used a  Perfection Deli Mini Wheat Sub Bun for the bread. There was no toppings need for this bad boy of Fish Sandwiches, it's delicious all on it's own! For a side I baked some Ore Ida Steak Fries,  served these with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup for dipping. For dessert later a Healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.



Yellowtail Snapper

The yellowtail snapper, Ocyurus chrysurus, is an abundant species of snapper native to the western Atlantic Ocean including the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean Sea.

Identified by a yellow stripe that runs the full length of the body from forward of the eye to the deeply forked yellow tail. The stripe is vivid in young fish, but pales with maturity. Color above the line is bluish with yellow patches; silvery white below. No prominent teeth as in most other Snappers.

The yellowtail snapper is not listed as endangered or vulnerable with the World Conservation Union (IUCN). The IUCN is a global union of states, governmental agencies, and non-governmental organizations in a partnership that assesses the conservation status of species.

No comments:

Post a Comment