Monday, June 8, 2015

Kitchen Grumblings...

Saturday I was at a local Kroger. Had everything I needed and rolled toward the checkout. I had a
choice of 4 lines and of course i ended up picking the wrong line. I was third in line and two carts quickly got behind me. The person that was checking out of course wanted to put a couple of items back and get a bigger size, then she had her own grocery bags and wanted certain items in certain bags, and then (and this always a bad sign if you're in a hurry) she opened up her coupon notebook!! So I settled in for long wait. Looked at a couple of gossip magazines and then started looking at the candy selection.



Having been diagnosed with Diabetes 2 quite sometime ago I rarely even look at candy unless Sugar Free candy like Hershey's Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Bites. But scanning the candy selection I saw some very small bars and packages of candy, real small sizes. Then I noticed they had some regular size bars and bags but they were marked Giant or Extra Big. Well these so called Giant and Extra Big bars and bags were just the normal size of candies back when I ate candy, around 2002 I guess. And I'm not even commenting on the inflated prices. But I guess the shrinking sizes of candy is no worse than other shrinking sizes and inflating prices of all grocery items. Just grumbling, thanks!  

No comments:

Post a Comment