Monday, June 29, 2015

Ham, Cheese, and Fried Egg Biscuit w/ Hash Browns

Dinner Tonight: Ham, Cheese, and Fried Egg Biscuit w/ Hash Browns




Another night and day of heavy rain on and off. Had some excitement here in the neighborhood, just down the street and around the corner from where I live. The Police answered a domestic disturbance call and when they got there a man had barricaded himself in and was armed. So we had the West Chester Police Department and a Swat Team all here from 6:30 yesterday evening until about 10:00 this morning. He finally came out on his own and was arrested. It's usually a real quiet neighborhood, but not last night! Did some chores around the house and ran to Kroger for Mom. For dinner tonight it's a Breakfast Menu! I prepared a Ham, Cheese, and Fried Egg Biscuit w/ Hash Browns.




I got the basic idea for this sandwich watching an episode of American Diner Revival , love that show. Chef Amanda Freitag spices the menus of small diners being renovated. I simplified my version of her recipe and added a Fried Egg on top of the Ham. To make the Sandwich I'll be using the following; Smithfield Anytime Hickory Smoked Boneless Sliced Ham, 1 Egg (Medium Size), 1 Slice Kraft Deli Deluxe Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Sweet Hot Stone Ground Mustard, 1 Grands Flaky Layers Buttermilk Biscuit. This sounds delicious just writing the ingredients down!




I started by preheating the oven on 350 degrees. I'll be baking my Grand Biscuits for 16 minutes. As
the Biscuits were baking I grabbed 2 small skillets and 1 medium size skillet; 1 for the Ham, 1 for the Fried Egg, and 1 for my Hash Browns which is one of my side dishes. Heated up 2 of the skillets on medium heat, heated 2 skillet on medium high for the Hash Browns. The ham is precooked so I all I had to do was warm it up. I prepared the Egg Overeasy seasoning it with Morton's Light Salt and Ground Black Pepper. To make the Biscuit Sandwich I took one of the Biscuits and sliced it in half. I put the Stone Ground Mustard on the bottom slice of the Biscuit, a slice of Cheese, then the Ham, and topped with the Egg and the top half of the Biscuit. What Sandwich! It is a messy sandwich though with Egg, but worth it! Everything just comes together perfect.




For A side dish; I cooked the Hash Browns, as I said on medium high heat, in Extra Virgin Olive Oil for about 16 minutes. I used Simply Potatoes Hash Browns, my favorite packaged Potatoes. Always fresh and so easy to prepare. Wow, one delicious Breakfast/Dinner Sandwich and side. Really enjoyed this meal. For dessert later a healthy Choice Dark Fudge Swirl Frozen Greek Yogurt.  







Smithfield Anytime Hickory Smoked Boneless Sliced Ham

* FULLY COOKED
* HEAT IN 30 SECONDS
* WITH NATURAL JUICES
* HICKORY SMOKED, BONELESS
* PREMIUM, LEAN

Nutrition
Calories 150 Sodium 750 mg
Total Fat 8 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 3 g Total Carbs 5 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 1 g Sugars 2 g
Trans 0 g Protein 14 g
Cholesterol 40 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment