Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, Turkey Chili w/ Beans, and Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, Turkey Chiliw/ Beans, and Cheese




It heated up outside today! Sunny and a high around 87 degrees, and as usual with the heat comes the
humidity. A very good day to have the Central Air going. Tried a new product for Breakfast, and I've come across a winner! I found this at Kroger yesterday, Smithfield Anytime Hickory Smoked Boneless Sliced Ham. The Ham is precooked so it's a breeze to prepare. Heat it up in a skillet on medium high heat for just 30 seconds a side, or until heated through. I cooked it 30 seconds and it was heated. Lean, flavorful, and delicious. I've got a great new Breakfast Item. Had a Sunnyside Egg and Wheat Toast with it, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Did some laundry for Mom  and while her and Dad was out cleaned the house. For dinner tonight it's Comfort Food Extreme! I prepared a Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, Turkey Chili w/ Beans, and Cheese




Being from and living in the Cincinnati area all my life I’ve been around and prepared the local cuisine, and love it! Sausages, Goetta, and the Chili are just endless in varieties around here. And tonight I’m preparing one of my favorites, Cincinnati Style 4 Way – Spaghetti, Turkey Chili w/ Beans, and Cheese. For the Spaghetti I’ll be using my regular Pasta that I use, the Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Whole Grain Spaghetti. The Spaghetti is 180 calories and 35 net carbs, which isn’t bad for Pasta.






For the Chili I went with Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans. It’s my favorite canned Chili hands down.
It’s a nice thick Chili made with Turkey and seasoned just right with plenty of Beans. It’s also a perfect Chili for making Chili and Cheese Nachos. Then for my Cheese I used Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar. I boiled the Spaghetti according to the box instructions and in a sauce pan I heated 1 can of the Hormel Turkey Chili w/ Beans. I added a few shakes of the Frank's Red Hot Sauce to the Chili. To serve I used a bowl and made a bed of Spaghetti, topped it with the Turkey Chili with Beans, and topped everything with Sargento Cheese. Some mighty fine food! Some people like adding fine diced Onions also, which makes it a 5 Way. So the 4 Way – Spaghetti, Chili, Beans, and Cheese and there you have it! Wow I almost forgot one of the most important parts, Oyster Crackers! Chili Spaghetti is always served with a bowl of Oyster Crackers, why who knows they go great with pasta and chili. I used Skyline Chili Oyster Crackers with a side of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce. To properly eat an Oyster Cracker you have to put a couple of drops of Hot Sauce on it!




As the Spaghetti was finishing up I seen we had a 1/4 loaf of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread Loaf
leftover from the other night. I preheated the oven to 400 degrees. I sliced the loaf into 5 thin slices, added some fresh sliced Mozzarella Cheese, and topped it with McCormick Grinder Italian Seasoning. Placed it on a small cookie sheet and baked it until the Cheese was melted. Made a perfect side with Spaghetti. For dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sugarless Peach Slices.









Hormel Turkey Chili with Beans

Hormel Chili, Turkey with Beans, 99% Fat Free Always easy and always delicious, Hormel® chili is made with carefully selected beef, red beans, tomatoes and a special combination of spices. Our choice ingredients are blended and simmered, resulting in a rich and hearty flavor—perfect for dips, baked potatoes, hamburgers, casseroles, nachos, hot dogs, French fries and so much more. Hormel® chili now comes in 10 varieties and sizes, including a less sodium variety. Whether you serve it in a bowl, on a hot dog, or as a topping for fries and nachos, choose the chili craved by chili lovers—Hormel® chili.





NUTRITION FACTS Serving size 1 cup

Value My Daily Value Calories 210 cal Total Fat 3 g Saturated Fat 1 g Trans Fat 0 g Cholesterol 45 mg Sodium 1200 mg Total Carbohydrate 28 g Dietary Fiber 6 g Sugars 6 g Protein 17 g



http://www.hormelfoods.com/Brands/BrandWall/Hormel-chili

No comments:

Post a Comment