Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Toasted Ham and Cheese w/ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Toasted Ham and Cheese w/  Roasted Fingerling Potatoes




Winter has kicked in big time here in West Chester! I went out to get the paper this morning and it was freezing. The morning news said it was 9 degrees with a wind chill ranging from -5 to -10 degrees, and that was our high as it going to continue to drop throughout the day. Not a good day to be working outdoors. Cleaned house today and that was about it. For dinner tonight Toasted Ham and Cheese w/ Roasted Fingerling Potatoes.




Toasted Ham and Cheese just sounded good for dinner tonight! I used my new favorite Ham, Boar's Head Smoked Honey Coated Ham. I started using this a few weeks ago and have been hooked on it ever since! With the Ham I used Boar's Head Colby Longhorn Cheese, Kroger Private Selection Sweet Hot Stone Ground Mustard, Kraft Reduced Fat Mayo w/ Olive Oil, and Klosterman Wheat Bread.



I started by toasting the Bread. As that was toasting I added my Ham to a small skillet and heated up the Ham, on medium high heat, for about 5 minutes. Grabbed the Toast from the toaster I spread the Mayo on the bottom slice of Bread, the Ham, Longhorn Cheese, and the Stone Ground Mustard on the top slice of Bread. And I now have one delicious Sandwich! The Boar's Head Ham can't be beat, as all their products, and I think I could have the Kroger Private Selection Sweet Hot Stone Ground Mustard on any meat and make it taste even better.




I also had baked some Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. I cut the Fingerling Potatoes in half, lengthwise. Put the Potatoes in a large bowl seasoned them with; Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Chili Powder, and Crumbled Bleu Cheese to top the Potatoes with. Using a large cookie sheet I spread the Potatoes out on the sheet . Then Roasted them at 400 degrees until they were fork tender, about 20 minutes. For dessert later a new one, Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream in a Waffle Bowl topped with Smucker's Sugar Free Hot Fudge Chocolate Topping. Came across the Keebler Waffle Bowls at Kroger the other day. They're Waffle Cones shaped into a bowl, you can eat the bowl as your eating the Ice Cream.





Oven-Roasted Fingerling Potato Fries

Ingredients:

Fingerling Potatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Pepper
Chili Powder
Crumbled Bleu Cheese

Directions:

1.) Thoroughly clean and scrub the potatoes.

2.) Cut the potatoes in half. This will allow the fingerlings to cook faster and also gives them a nice crisp.

3.) Toss in olive oil. I used about 1 tablespoons, but this will vary by how many potatoes you use. Just use enough oil to give the potatoes a nice coat. Add your seasonings.

4.) Put on a baking sheet.

5.) Roast in the oven for 25-35 minutes at 450 degrees. The potatoes should be tender in the middle when done. Sprinkle with Crumbled Bleu Cheese when done.

No comments:

Post a Comment