Thursday, December 13, 2012

Mushroom & Smoked Cheddar Bison Burger w/ Crinkle Fries


Dinner Tonight: Mushroom & Smoked Cheddar Bison Burger w/ Crinkle Fries





Really enjoyed the day, out spreading Christmas Cheer! I was out delivering Christmas cards and Gifts this afternoon. I love giving friends and family gifts, It's my favorite part of Christmas! I dropped off Candy and Gift Cards to my Family Doctor and his staff and cards and candy to my long time Oncologist along with his staff. Also while at my Oncologist, as I always do every month, I dropped off a huge box of Snacks - Doritos, Lay's Potato Chips, Cheese Crackers, and such the treatment center in his office. It's so sad, they enlarged their in office treatment center for cancer patients and it's still not large enough to treat all the patients fighting cancer. I received treatment there myself once and I hold a very soft spot in my heart for all those fighting the various forms of cancer. So I make sure I drop off snacks for the patients to snack on while receiving their treatments.  I finished up my gift deliveries by dropping a few cards off to my neighbors. I've got some great neighbors, they are always there to help and assist me with what ever help I need. Being in a wheelchair having good neighbors like I do is a blessing!

Well for dinner I prepared Mushroom & Smoked Cheddar Bison Burgers w/ Crinkle Fries. yes I've got my Mom eating a Bison Burger, she's coming around! I used Great Range Ground Bison Sirloin. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Steakhouse Seasoning and pan fried them about 3 - 4 minutes per side, 3 minutes for mine I like medium rare. I served them on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun and topped them with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms and a slice of Bordon Smoked Cheddar Cheese.

For a side I baked some Alexia Crinkle Fries with a dipping side of Hunt's Ketchup. For a dessert/snack later I prepared some BBQ Pineapple Turkey Meatballs. 3 ingredients; 1 package Honeysuckle White Turkey Meatballs, 1 bottle BBQ Sauce (I used Montgomery Inn Sauce), and 1 small can Dole Pineapple Tid Bits. Just add all ingredients to a medium size sauce pan set it on low and let it simmer till warmed through out. Makes a great little quick snack or appetizer.



No comments:

Post a Comment