Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chicken Breast w/ Rice A Roni, Mushrooms, Sugar Snap Peas, and Mini Carrots.


Dinner Tonight: Chicken Breast w/ Rice A Roni, Mushrooms, Sugar Snap Peas, and Mini Carrots.





Sometimes just some very basic ingredients, herbs, and a Dutch Oven can result in a very delicious and hearty meal. I got to put my new Dutch Oven into use tonight to prepare dinner. For dinner tonight I prepared Browned Chicken Breasts w/  Rice A Roni, Mushrooms, and Mini Carrots.

So I preheated up my Dutch Oven on medium with a couple of tablespoons of Canola Oil. For my Chicken Breast I seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Dried Rosemary, and Dried Thyme. First time I used a Dutch Oven and I was real happy the way it heated up and retained it's heat. The Chicken Breast browned up beautifully. The added Rosemary and Thyme gave a wonderful taste to the Chicken.

As my Chicken was browning I boiled my Mini carrots and sliced up the Baby Bella Mushrooms. i removed the Chicken from the Dutch Oven when it was done and I deglazed the pan with a 1/4 cup of Swanson Chicken Stock. Took a wooden spoon and got all the great Chicken remains and crust mixed in with the stock and added my Mushrooms. Just added a couple of shakes of Sea Salt and in about 5 minutes the Mushrooms were done. I then took two Rice  A Roni Microwavable Single Servings and heated them up in the microwave for 4 minutes each. When done added both to a bowl and stirred in the Mushrooms. To finish the meal preparation I microwaved a bag of the Market Side (Walmart) Sugar Snap Peas.

To serve I put a bed of the Rice A Roni/Mushrooms on a plate and topped it with one of the Chicken Breasts and added the Mini Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas as sides. This meal turned out fabulous! I'm so glad Rice A Roni has come out with these easy to fix single servings Of microwavable Rice a Roni! Plus adding Mushrooms to it makes it even better. The meal just looked good, you got the Orange of the Carrots, the bright Green of the Sugar Snap Peas, along with yellow and brown of the Rice and Chicken. Delicious meal! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.



Rice A Roni Chicken

A family classic! Our Rice-A-Roni® Chicken flavor blends rice and vermicelli with chicken broth, onions, parsley, garlic and other natural flavors to create a delicious side dish that will delight your whole family. It’s the perfect complement to your favorite chicken recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment