Saturday, December 29, 2012

Another Birthday and Another Year Ahead of Cancer!

Today is my Birthday, 54, and it's always an extra personal celebration being a Cancer Survivor! To see another Birthday means I'm still here and staying ahead of cancer. It's my dream before it's my time to go to hear the Medical world announce that they have finally found a cure for Cancer! This coming July (2013), if all goes well, will be my 9 year anniversary of being Cancer Free. I still see my Oncologist every 3 months, Scans and X-Rays every 6 months, and my Dermatologist 2 times a year. Prevention, Prevention, Prevention! It's huge for all Cancer Survivors to stay on top of it. I lost my left leg to Melanoma cancer back in 2001 and then had to fight again afterwards. Then I was involved in a Cancer Trial at University of Pittsburgh for one year along with 93 others. I was told sometime back that I was the only one to have survived due to the trial and whole lot of prayer from family and friends. A prosthetic leg, unfortunately, never worked due to the fact my leg was cut so short (Just under my left hip). But I have accepted being an amputee and life in a wheelchair. And through it all I feel very blessed! So Happy Birthday to me and very proud to say I'm a Cancer Survivor!

No comments:

Post a Comment