Thursday, March 1, 2012

Surf and Turf Bison Style!

Dinner Tonight: Surf & Turf - Bison Sirloin & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Shrimp, Baked Potato, and Whole Wheat Bread



There are meals and then there is this. I had a Bison Sirloin Steak (Turf), Gorton's Homestyle Shrimp (Surf), Baked Potato, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I seasoned the Bison with McCormick Grinder Steakhouse Seasoning and pan fried it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side, to medium rare. Topped it with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms that I seasoned with Ground Smoked Cumin, Parsley, and Sea Salt. Sauteed in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a pat of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter.


The Turf part of the dinner I used Gorton's Home Style Shrimp, a 1/2 serving. Easily made baked at 425 degrees for 16 minutes. I had posted before this is the best boxed Shrimp around. I also had a baked Potato that I topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, a dab of Reduced Fat Sour Cream, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment