Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Slow Roasted Turkey Pot Roast & Brown Mushroom Gravy w/ Mashed Potatoes, Carrots,...

Dinner Tonight: Slow Roasted Turkey Pot Roast & Brown Mushroom Gravy w/ Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, and Whole Grain Bread



Tried something new for dinner tonight, Jennie - O Slow Roasted Turkey Pot Roast. Came across this the other day Kroger and they had just put them out earlier in the morning. Easy to fix. You can microwave it in it's own container or bake it at 375 degrees for 1 hour which was the way I prepared it. After I hour I removed it and the aroma was fantastic! I pulled the bone out of the meat and using two forks shredded the meat. I then, in a bowl, added Heinz Mushroom Gravy to the Turkey and we have Pot Roast! Holy Pot Roast Batman we have a winner! This makes one fine dinner. This will be added the rotation of dinners. Maybe even the best part is the leftovers! This is going to make some killer Pot Roast sandwiches.


For sides I had Idahoan Homestyle Mashed Potatoes that I topped with some of the Heinz Mushroom Gravy. I also had boiled Mini Carrots and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For a dessert/snack later I'll be having Tostitos Artisan Roasted Garlic & Black Bean Tortilla Chips with something new from Velveeta/Kraft; Velveeta Cheesy Chili Dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment