Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Marinated Steak Tacos and Refried Beans

Dinner Tonight: Marinated Steak Tacos and Refried Beans


It was Tacos tonight at dinner! I used a Flat Iron Steak that I marinated for 4 hours in J B's Fat Boy Chipotle BBQ Sauce. After marinating I seasoned it a little bit more with Old El Paso Medium Taco Seasoning, McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. Then I lightly fried it on medium low heat in Extra Virgin Olive Oil for about 12 minutes, turning once. Came out a juicy Medium Rare. I then thinly sliced the whole Steak, plenty of leftovers! I'll be using the leftovers for more tacos or for a salad for lunch tomorrow. I used Old El Paso Stand & Stuff Whole Grain Corn Taco Shells. I topped it them with 2 tablespoons of Kroger Brand Organic Black Bean & Corn Salsa, freshly grated Dutch Smoked Gouda Cheese, sliced Black Olives, and shredded Lettuce. The hardest part of the meal was putting together the Taco. It seemed for every slice of Steak we would add to the Taco we would eat two slices. The Steak was delicious! The Chipotle BBQ Sauce gives it a tremendous flavor! I also had a side of Old El Paso Refried Beans. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Del Monte No Sugar Added Sliced Peaches. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment