Sunday, March 11, 2012

Grilled A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce Marinated Chicken Breasts w/ Smothered Hash Browns,...

Today's Menu: Grilled A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce and Crushed Pineapple Marinated Chicken Breasts w/ Smothered Hash Browns, Grilled Asparagus, and Crescent Rolls



Sunny and 60 degrees out! Cleaned up the grill and fired it up to grill some A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce and Crushed Pineapple Marinated Chicken Breasts! Love grilling and Chicken tastes even better when you grill it. I used Miller Amish Boneless Chicken Breasts and Marinated them in A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce and Dole Crushed Pineapple and refrigerated them for about 3 hours. It was the first time I had ever used the A&W Sauce. It was a sweet sauce with a hint of Root Beer, a very good and tasty sauce! I grilled them about 22 minutes flipping them twice. They came out moist and delicious. The sauce really provides a great flavor and with the added Crushed Pineapple they were too good.

For sides I had Grilled Asparagus, Smothered Hash Browns and Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls. The asparagus was Meijer Brand frozen Grilled Asparagus which I always keep a supply of on hand. I used Simply Potatoes Hash Browns that I seasoned with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and topped them with fresh grated Dutch Smoked Gouda Cheese, one of my favorite cheese! Plus I baked a can of Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent Rolls. I actually forgot I had them and found them buried in the back of the fridge and they I about a week before expiration so I wanted to use them before that. For dessert later a Slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread. I made this earlier to day adding extra Almond Pieces, Pecan Pieces and Walnut Pieces. Topped it with a scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.                           





A&W Root Beer BBQ Sauce
 Enjoy the smooth, creamy flavor of AW root beer on the grill. The taste of AW will add an unexpected, layered richness to your BBQ. Whether basting, marinating or dipping, you'll savor every bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment