Saturday, March 31, 2012

Cajun Buttermilk Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes & White Peppered Gravy...

Dinner Tonight: Cajun Buttermilk Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes & White Peppered Gravy and Green Beans



Well as they say on the Food Network "Winner, winner chicken dinner". There's a whole lot going on with this Chicken Breast! I marinated my Chicken For 4 hours in a Buttermilk, Egg Beater, Cajun Seasoning, and Frank's Red Hot Sauce. I mixed all the ingredients together in a Hefty Zip Lock Bag and added the Chicken making sure it well coated and let it marinate in the fridg. I removed the Chicken from the bag while shaking off the excess mixture. Then I dredged the marinated breast in a mixture of flour, sea salt and coarse black pepper. I pan fried my Chicken in Extra Virgin Olive Oil making sure it done through out. While my Chicken was frying I Sauteed my Baby Bella Mushrooms, fried the Turkey Bacon, and toasted my Bread. To assemble this piece of work take the toast and top it with the Chicken Breast then top the Chicken with a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese, Turkey Bacon, and the Sauteed Mushrooms. Everything blends to make one delicious Chicken Breast! I left the recipe at the bottom of the post.

For sides, like you need any with that chicken breast, I had Idahoan Mashed Potatoes that I topped with Pioneer White Peppered Gravy. The gravy was a last second idea, it was leftover from breakfast this morning. I also had some leftover Green Beans. I've been on a Green Bean binge lately. Seems that I can eat them with every meal! Everything together makes a fantastic Chicken Dinner! For a dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn and sit back and enjoy the Final Four tonight, Go Buckeyes!



Cajun Buttermilk Chicken

Ingredients:

*Recipe is for 4 servings

4 6-ounce boneless, skinless Chicken Breasts
3⁄4 cup Buttermilk
2 eggs, or Egg Beaters equivalent
1 tablespoon Cajun spice mix
5 Dashes of Frank's Hot Sauce, or to taste
Sea Salt and Pepper, to taste
Flour, amount depending on size and amount of the Chicken
4 slices Sargento Ultra Thin Swiss Cheese
4 Slices Turkey Bacon
Baby Bella Mushrooms
4 Slices Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread

Directions:
*Mix together the buttermilk, eggs, hot sauce and spices until blended.

*Clean and trim chicken breasts. Place into marinade.

*Marinate for 4 hours.

*Dredge the marinated breast in a mixture of flour, salt and black pepper.

*You can bake, pan fry, or deep fry the chicken.

*As Chicken is frying toast the bread, sautee the mushrooms fry the Turkey Bacon

*Top the toast with the Chicken, Swiss Cheese, Bacon, and Mushrooms. Eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment