Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bison Sirloin Steak & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Smashed Golden Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus,

Dinner Tonight: Bison Sirloin Steak & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Smashed Golden Potatoes, Roasted Asparagus, and Harvest Grain Bread.





While shopping at Kroger this morning I ran across some beautiful looking Bison Sirloin Steaks. So it was from Kroger's to the table! I seasoned the Sirloin with McCormick Grinder Steakhouse Seasoning. I pan fried it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 4 minutes per side, Medium Rare. As usual it comes out mouth watering and tender! I topped it with my favorite Steak topping Baby Bella Sauteed Mushrooms.

For sides I had Smashed Golden Potatoes with Crumbled Turkey Bacon, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, and a bit of Fresh Grated Smoked Goda Cheese. I quartered the Potatoes and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, Parsley, and a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then boiled them. I also had fresh Asparagus that I roasted at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes. I seasoned them with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and topped them with Kraft Shredded Parmesan Cheese. I left the recipe for this at the end of the post. We also had Kroger Bakery Harvest Grain Loaf Bread. If you've never tried this give it a try when you get a chance. Always fresh and delicious! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.

Roasted Asparagus

Ingredients

    2 bunches medium asparagus
    2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper
    Grated or shaved Parmesan, optional

Directions

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Trim the woody ends from the asparagus, usually about 1 1/2 inches. Lightly peel the remaining stalks (not always necessary, but more of a personal preference). Spread the spears in a single layer on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and pepper, and roll to coat thoroughly.

Roast the asparagus until lightly browned and tender, about 8 to 10 minutes, giving the pan a good shake about halfway through to turn the asparagus. Arrange the roasted asparagus on a serving platter and top with some Parmesan. Serve warm or at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment