Thursday, July 26, 2012

Open Face Pulled Pork BBQ w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots


Today's Menu: Open Face Pulled Pork BBQ w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots



While writing this I'm looking out the window at the pouring rain, RAIN that's right! Rains been a rarity around here like most places around the Country. I'm afraid though it's a little too late to help the crops and the yards around here. On to dinner. Ohh this one's too good to describe! I prepared an Open Face Pulled Pork BBQ w/ Roasted Red Potatoes and Mini Carrots. For the Pork I used a Hormel Boneless Pork Shoulder. After Breakfast this morning I got the Crock Pot out, put a Glad Crock Pot Liner in it, and added the Pork Shoulder. How easy is that! You can cook it on high for 4 - 5 hours or on low for 8 - 9 hours, I went with the low and slow way. These Hormel Boneless pork Shoulders are great for the Crock Pot, perfect size anywhere from 1 to 1 1/2 pounds and they come seasoned. When done I shredded it with 2 forks and added J B's Fat Boy Haug Waush BBQ Sauce and mixed until all the the meat was well covered. This came out delicious. The Pork was tender and the Sauce put it over the top!! But I wasn't done.

I served it Open Faced on a generous slice of Walmart Bakery Marketside Everything Italian Loaf Bread. It comes pre-baked you just heat it up at 375 degrees for 7 - 9 minutes. This bread is a keeper! A little higher in carbs than I normally like to use but every now and then I think it's ok, it's 120 calories and 24 carbs for a 1/10 of the loaf. The Pork was just mouth watering and the bread absorbed all those great juices from the Pork and BBQ Sauce.

For sides I boiled some Mini Carrots along with Roasted Red Potatoes, you can find the recipe for the Red Potatoes on previous posts. For dessert sticking with the Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with the fresh BlueBerries.




Hormel Bbq Boneless Pork Shoulder [Slowcooker Ready]

Nutrition Facts
Hormel - Bbq Boneless Pork Shoulder [Slowcooker Ready]
Servings:  
Calories 200 Sodium 340 mg
Total Fat 13 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 6 g Total Carbs 2 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 0 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 18 g
Cholesterol 60 mg

No comments:

Post a Comment