Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fried Ocean Perch Sandwich w/ Pineapple Salsa and Cheese & Shells Pasta


Today's Menu: Fried Ocean Perch Sandwich w/ Pineapple Salsa and Cheese & Shells Pasta



While at Jungle Jim's a while back I purchased some beautiful Ocean Perch fillets. I usually only find small fillets of Ocean perch but these were all good size fillets. I fried 2 of the fillets, one for dinner tonight and one for lunch tomorrow. I first scored the skin side of the Perch. By scoring the flesh side with a sharp knife it helps to keep the Perch from curling up so bad on the sides. If you have real small walleye fillets they will do this also. Next I rubbed a very light coat of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the fillets. I then seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. To finish I rubbed a light coating of Italian Style Bread crumbs on them. i fried the Perch in extra Virgin Olive Oil for 8 minutes, turning once. After turning after 4 minutes I a few drops of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce, a few drops of this plenty! I served it on a Sara Lee Deli Roll with a slice of Bordon Sliced Smoked Cheddar and topped with Pineapple Salsa. I don't know if I was starving or it was just that good! I practically inhaled it. Came out golden brown and delicious with just a hint of heat from the Sriracha and the sweetness of the Pineapple Salsa. I'll have to try this combo of Sriracha Sauce and Pineapple Salsa on Pork Chops sometime soon.

The Pineapple Salsa I used was Amish Wedding Old Fashioned Pineapple Salsa. This is another item I picked up from Jungle Jim's my last visit. Amish Wedding has a huge line of products including, Salsaa, Pickles, Cider, Relish, and Jams just to name a few.  I've left the web site link at the bottom of the post. For a side to Perch Sandwich I had a Velveeta/Kraft Shells and Cheese (2% Milk Cheese * 1//2 The Fat). For dessert/snack later some good old fashioned Peanut Butter and Crackers using Jif Reduced Fat Peanut Butter and Ritz Whole Wheat Crackers.

Amish Wedding Old Fashioned Pineapple Salsa

http://www.troyercheese.com/awf/products.html

No comments:

Post a Comment