Sunday, June 2, 2013

Pork Cube Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes, White Gravy, and Sugar Snap Peas

Dinner Tonight:  Pork Cube Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes, White Gravy, and Sugar Snap Peas




I spent the morning doing some price comparing at Walmart and Kroger, you can read about that in an earlier post from today. What a beautiful morning it was this morning. I went out, about 6:30 am,  and got the 2 Sunday Papers and it was a perfect morning out. Birds singing, Sunny and about 68 degrees. The sky in the east looked like a rainbow. I prepared something for dinner that I've never had a Pork Cube Steak, purchased at Walmart. I had a Beef Cube Steak before but never a Pork. For dinner I prepared a Pork Cube Steak w/ Mashed Potatoes, White Gravy, and Sugar Snap Peas.




To prepare the Pork Cube Steak I seasoned it with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I then rolled them Panko Bread Crumbs. A fantastic trio to bread most any meat. I seasoned the Flour with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, added a few shakes or more of Frank's Hot Sauce to the Egg Beater's, and Garlic Powder to the Panko Bread Crumbs. After breading I pan fried them in Canola Oil to a Golden Brown, about 7 minutes per side. As I said it was the first time I tried them and really liked them better than the Beef Cube Steaks, a lot more tender. I'll be using them again!
through the classic seasoning and breading of Seasoned Flour, Egg Beater's, and




For sides to go with the Cube Steak I heated up some Pioneer White Peppered Gravy along with Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes, microwave a total of 6 minutes and ready! Then I also microwaved a bag of Walmat Marketside Sugar Snap Peas . For dessert later I had bought a Bunch of Bananas while out so I'll just have a Banana tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment