Saturday, June 15, 2013

Grilled Blackened Mahi Mahi w/ Brown Rice, Diced Mango and Pineapple, and...

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Blackened Mahi Mahi w/ Brown Rice, Diced Mango and Pineapple, and Whole
Grain Bread.




Another really nice day out. Ran some errands and then did some fishing for most of the afternoon. I went to our community lake, caught a few Blue Gill, three small Bass, and a Catfish. I did see one guy reel in about a 3 lb. Bass though. None I caught were very big, I released them all but had one peaceful relaxing afternoon. One man had his son and daughter with him and they were fishing for the first time. They were all using one rod so I went back home and got an old rod reel and small tackle box that I no longer use and took it back and gave it to the kids. You would have thought I gave them a car! The man was very thankful. It was all worth while watching when the kids each caught their first fish! Speaking of fish that's what I had for dinner. I prepared a Grilled Blackened Mahi Mahi w/ Brown Rice, Diced Mango and Pineapple, and Whole Grain Bread.




I had bought a wire fish grill basket a while back, which I love using, but it's for three fillets and if your not grilling three fillets it's sort of bulky to use. So while at Kroger the other day I seen they had single fish fillet grill baskets so I purchased one and put it to use for dinner tonight. To prepare the Mahi Mahi I’ll need a tablespoon or so of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter and Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning. Preheated the grill up on high I rinsed the Grouper off and patted dry. Melted the 1 T butter in a microwave about 15 seconds and brushed both sides of the Mahi Mahi with the melted butter. I then coated both sides with a generous amount of the rub. Then I got the Fish Basket out and sprayed it with Pam Spray and I had 4 slices of a Lime and I laid those down in the basket. Loaded the Fish, skin side down on the Lime slices, in the grill basket. The Citrus keeps the skin side of Fish from sticking to the grill grate and the grate of the Fish Basket and gives your Fish more flavor at the same time.  Placed my Mahi mahi on the preheated grill and closed the lid. Grilled for only 3 minutes and then flipped it and grilled another 3 minutes. Use a watch and keep a very close eye on it, do not over cook! The result some beautifully delicious Blackened Mahi Mahi! That's the first time I've had the Mahi Mahi Blackened and really like it!




For side dishes I prepared some Uncle Ben's Whole Grain Brown Rice. I used the single serve micro wave Rice, just heat for 45 seconds and it's done! I also heated up a can of Green Giant Steam Crisp Sweet Yellow and White Corn. Been on a Corn kick here lately, still love those Green Beans but Corns a close second now. i also had a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.





Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning
This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx   

No comments:

Post a Comment