Monday, June 10, 2013

Grilled Turkey Franks and Bratwurst w/ Boiled Corn on the Cob and....

Dinner Tonight: Grilled Turkey Franks and Bratwursts w/ Boiled Corn on the Cob and Honey Smokehouse BBQ Chili Beans




Solved a neighborhood mystery last night around 8:00 pm. I was in the kitchen fixing a cup of Green Tea
when something caught my attention out of the corner of my eye, a Doe Deer! We have a small strip of woods that runs parallel with the backs of all the homes along our street so apparently the Deer had been coming out and feasting on every one's gardens and flowers! Something had eaten my Mom's flowers and a few of her Cucumber plants that she had growing, and the neighbors had said something had been eating various plants and flowers of theirs. Mystery solved! As I watched her she headed straight for our next door neighbors Petunia's.  As I opened the door she turned back into the woods. She was a good size Doe. That's the first one spotted in our part of neighborhood. For dinner I was able to fire the grill up in between showers. I prepared Grilled Turkey Franks and Bratwursts w/ Boiled Corn on the Cob and Honey Smokehouse BBQ Chili Beans.




As usual I used Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks, 45 calories and 5 carbs per Frank. Their Turkey, low cal, low carb, and taste great! They grill up nice too. I also grilled up some Bratwursts, Blue Grass Lean Bratwursts which are 100 calories and 4 carbs per Brat. Served them all on Healthy Life Whole Grain Buns, 70 calories and 18 carbs per bun.




I also boiled some Mini Corn Ears. I used Green Giant Mini Ears of Sweet Corn. They come frozen and all you do is boil them in water for about 12 minutes. Their 50 calories and and 9 calories per mini ear. My Mom made some Deviled Eggs, which are the best I ever had! Plus Mom wanted some BBQ Beans so I prepared some Honey Smokehouse BBQ Chili Beans. I used Jack Daniel's Honey Smokehouse BBQ Sauce, Joan of Arc Spicy Chili Beans, 1 teaspoon Ground Mustard, and a couple of pinches of Splenda Brown Sugar. Mix it all together and heat it in a medium sauce pan. We had all the ingredients for a picnic, in this case an indoor picnic as it started raining just as the Brats and Hot Dogs were ready. For dessert later tonight a slice of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread topped with a scoop of Breyer's carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.




14 oz. Bluegrass Deliciously Lean Bratwurst
Lean Bratwurst
65% Less Fat
50% Fewer Calories
25% Less Sodium
No MSG
Gluten Free



Deliciously Lean Bratwurst
A lighter Bratwurst targeted at today’s active
consumer.



Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 link (66g)
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 100 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6g 9%
Sat. Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 30mg 10%
Sodium 590mg 25%
Total Carbohydrate 4g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 2g
Protein 9g
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 2% Iron 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a
2,000 calorie diet.


INGREDIENTS:
PORK, WATER*, CORN SYRUP, MODIFIED FOOD STARCH*,
CONTAINS 2% OR LESS POTASSIUM LACTATE, SALT, NONFAT DRY MILK*, PORK FLAVOR, FLAVORINGS, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SODIUM DIACETATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment