Sunday, June 30, 2013

Crock Pot Pork Back Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus

Dinner Tonight: Crock Pot Pork Back Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus




A beautiful day out after a night of some heavy rain. Looks like we got a lot of rain coming our way on and off all week. Have to be up early and at the hospital for my yearly scans, for my upcoming Melanoma Cancer check up. It's always a tough time when I have these, the test is easy but it stirs up a lot of bad memories of my past fights against Melanoma. I just have to think positive, I'll get the results in about 2 weeks when I go for my check-up. On to dinner! Mom had a hankering for my Crock Pot Ribs, so guess what we had! I prepared Crock Pot Pork Back Ribs w/ Mashed Potatoes and Asparagus. Also boiled some Corn on the Cob for Mom and Dad.




Last night before I went to bed I cut the Ribs in half, so they'll fit in the Crock Pot, and put each half in a JB's Fat Boy Hawg Waush BBQ Sauce to marinate all night in the fridge. Then this morning I got out the Crock Pot, lined it with a Reynold's Crock Pot Plastic Liner, and sprayed that with Pam Non-Stick Spray. Got the Ribs out of the fridge, discarded the Hefty Bags, and put them in the Crock Pot where I'll cook them on low for about 8 hours. Long up in the afternoon you can start smelling the aroma of the Ribs, intoxicating! After 8 hours their ready and now for the hard part of cooking them, getting them out whole without breaking them up! Their that tender, when eating them you need no knife, the bones just slide out. Tender, moist and just full of flavor! For all of us JB's Fat Boy Sauces and Rubs can't be beat. The Ribs were incredible.
Hefty Gallon Plastic Bag then rubbed and covered the Ribs in




For side dishes I prepared boiled Asparagus, Mashed Potatoes, and Corn on the Cob (for my Parents). To prepare the Asparagus was very easy I just brought about 1 inch salted water to a boil in a large skillet. Added my Asparagus in one layer. Cooked until tender, about 5 minutes  Drained, and transferred to a serving platter. Sprinkled with Sea Salt and Black Pepper, and topped with a pat of butter (Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter). Very good and easy recipe for Asparagus. I also heated up some Bob Evan's Mashed Potatoes and boiled a couple of Green Giant Mini ears of Sweet Corn. I think I satisfied my Mom's Hankering for Ribs! For dessert later, I baked a loaf of Pillsbury Nut Quick Bread. A slice of that topped with a scoop of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment