Thursday, June 27, 2013

Low Country Seafood Boil w/ Baked Sour Dough Bread

Dinner Tonight: Low Country Seafood Boil w/ Baked Sour Dough Bread
Dinner is served!




Well I always wanted to make a Low Country Seafood Boil and today was that day! I hit the Kroger Seafood Department early this morning and purchased my ingredients which included Jumbo Shrimp, Alaskan Crab Legs, Little Neck Clams, and a loaf of Sour Dough Bread. I already had the Potatoes, Seasoning, and Corn on the Cob. I had purchased a Big kettle a few weeks back at Meijer. Dinner tonight, Low Country Seafood Boil w/ Baked Sour Dough Bread.




I love trying new recipes and really excited to prepare this! I started by soaking my Littleneck Clams in water and scrubbing them down to remove any excess grit. Then I filled a large pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Added the crab boil and old Bay Seasoning and bring to a boil. Adjust the Old Bay Seasoning to suit your taste. When the water boils, add the potatoes and sausage. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes. Add corn, lemon slices, crab legs, and clams and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and serve with the Bread of your choice. I baked a Loaf of Sour Dough Bread. I left the full recipe at the end of the post. And what a meal it turned out to be! The Clams were incredible and the Crab Legs sweet as can be. The Potatoes, Shrimp, Corn on the Cob, and Turkey Smoked Sausage just a perfect mix! I'll have to purchase some more of the Ekrich Smoked Turkey Sausage, best I ever had. Then the Sour Dough Bread to mop everything up with. For dessert later a Dole Mini Banana.

Simmering Away!







Low Country Seafood Boil
A few of the Ingredients


Ingredients:


Water
1 Lemon cut in half
1 Spice bag of McCormick Shrimp and Crab Boil
2 Tbs of Old Bay Seasoning
12 red new potatoes
6 (4-inch) Smoked Turkey Sausage Link
6 Green Giant Extra Sweet Mini Ears of Corn
2 pounds Jumbo Peeled Shrimp
4 Clusters of Alaskan Crab Legs
6 Littleneck Clams, cleaned



Directions:
Fill a large pot with enough water to cover all of the ingredients. Add the crab boil and old Bay Seasoning and bring to a boil. Adjust the amount of Old Bay Seasoning to suit your taste. When the water boils, add the potatoes and sausage. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes. Add corn, lemon slices, crab legs, and clams and cook for an additional 10 minutes. Add shrimp and cook for no more than 3 minutes. Drain and serve with warm fresh baked Sour Dough Bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment