Friday, June 28, 2013

Fish (Cod) Tacos w/ Refried Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fish (Cod) Tacos w/ Refried Beans




Beautiful day out, a good breeze kept the humidity down all day. I had purchased a large fillet of Cod yesterday when I was Kroger. I sliced it up into 3 pieces, saving 2 pieces that I froze to make Fish Sandwiches out of later and 1 piece for my dinner tonight. I prepared Fish Tacos along with a side of Refried Beans.




I first washed the Cod off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then grabbed a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag and added Zatarain's Lemon Pepper Breading Mix and the Cod, shaking it till it was well covered. I pan fried it in Canola Oil, fried it about 3 minutes per side. The Zatarain's gives it perfect seasoning. After it was done I broke it into smaller pieces for the Taco.




For toppings along with the Cod I used Green Giant Sweet Yellow and White Corn Kernals, Shredded Lettuce, Ortega Diced Jalapenos, Sliced Black Olives, fresh grated Dutch Gouda Cheese, and Taco Bell Bold and Creamy Chipotle Sauce. If you've never tried the Taco Bell Bold and Creamy Chipotle Sauce and you like Taco Sauce with a nice little kick to it you'll love this Sauce! Not over bearing heat but a nice little warm up. The Cod with all the toppings and Sauce make a good Taco. Cod is so versatile, you can cook it about any way and use it for countless dishes. I also warmed a can of Old El Paso Fat Free Refried Beans, perfect side for Tacos and it's Fat Free! For dessert later some Peanut Butter and Crackers. I used Jif Reduced Fat Peanut Butter and Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.





Taco Bell Home Originals Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce



Taco Bell Home Originals Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce is the perfect finishing touch for your tacos, Mexican salads and sandwich wraps.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 2 tbsp (29g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 100Calories 110

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 300mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 3g 1%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 1g
Protein 1g

No comments:

Post a Comment