Saturday, June 22, 2013

Buffalo Terres Major Filet w/ Corn on the Cob and Baked Potato

Dinner Tonight: Buffalo Terres Major Filet w/ Corn on the Cob and Baked Potato




Whew-whee it's humid out! Really bad out. My parents went to a Church Picnic and it was outdoors at a local Park. They lasted about an hour before they packed up and came back home. Me I opted to stay in where the air conditioner was feeling real good! For dinner I prepared a Buffalo Terres Major Filet w/ Sauteed Mushrooms, Boiled Corn on the Cob and a Baked Potato.




I used another of the Wild Idea Buffalo 8oz. Buffalo Terres Major Filets. Beyond any doubts one of the most tender cuts of any steak, Beef or Buffalo, I've ever had. I didn't even attempt to fire the grill up so I pan fried it in Canola Oil. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. I fried it 4 minutes on one side and about 3 minutes on the other side, it gets done very quickly because it's so lean. The Filet came out medium rare, moist and just full of flavor! I topped it with Sauteed Baby Bella Mushrooms.




For side dishes I prepared 2 Mini Ears of Green Giant Corn. I keep this in stock in my freezer now. Never goes bad, stores very easy, and prepares in 10 minutes. If you like Sweet Corn on the Cob you'll have to try this out. I also had a Baked Potato that I topped with Sea Salt, Ground Black Pepper, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice cream topped with Mango Chunks.

   




Terres Major Filet
The second most tender cut on the animal. This treasured cut is found in the chuck shoulder.

8 oz.

http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/a-la-carte/products/terres-major-filet 











Green Giant Corn on the Cob Mini Ears

Enjoy the succulent taste of corn on the cob year round! Available in a variety of sizes to fit your needs.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 mini-ear (61g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 5Calories 50

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 0.5g 1%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 0mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Sugars 4g
Protein 2g



http://greengiant.com/pages/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=7

No comments:

Post a Comment