Monday, November 12, 2012

Top Sirloin & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas,...


Dinner Tonight: Top Sirloin & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Sugar Snap Peas, and Whole Grain Bread




It was 70 degrees and sunny yesterday and it started out at 55 this morning and it's been falling temperatures all day. Parents are both down with the flu so I've been busy all day. For dinner I couldn't wait to break out those Top Sirloin Steaks from Costco I purchased yesterday. I believe Costco has some of the most tender and flavorful Steaks and Chops around! The first Steak I got out was huge! I cut into thirds and each Steak was more than enough for one person.

I seasoned it with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper and then pan fried it it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. I would have loved to grill these but the weather prevented that, blowing rain and even a little bit of sleet. The Steaks were so thick I had to fry them longer than normal to get these at medium rare. I flipped them over a couple of times and then even had to lay them on their sides for 2 or 3 minutes. They came out great! Tender, moist and just flat out delicious. It would be hard to find a better steak than Costco's.




For side dishes I had Walmart Marketside Sugar Snap Peas, a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Chocolate Pudding topped with Cool Whip Free.


Jell-O Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding Snack


JELL-O Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding Snacks:
45% fewer calories than JELL-O regular pudding
60 calories
Good source of calcium
Kosher


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 snack (106g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 15Calories 60

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 1.5g 2%
  Saturated Fat 1.5g 8%
  Polyunsaturated Fat 0g
  Monounsaturated Fat 0g
  Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 180mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
  Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
  Sugars 0g
  Other Carbohydrate 6g
Protein 2g

No comments:

Post a Comment