Sunday, November 11, 2012


Dinner Tonight:  Baked Country Style Pork Loin Boneless Ribs w/ White Sweet Corn, Baked Potato, and Whole Grain Bread





One last warm day before it's predicted to turn a lot cooler! Started the day off by going to Costco and loaded up on some great meat and fish Items. We'll be having Top Sirloin Steak, Pork Chops, Country - Style Boneless Pork Loin Ribs, and Tilapia for a while, found some really great buys today. Also found out they'll be getting their Prime Rib in for the Holiday's on Nov. 21. On to dinner!


I prepared Baked Country Style Pork Loin Boneless Ribs w/ White Sweet Corn, Baked Potato, along with Whole Grain Bread. I believe it's the first time I prepared the Country - Style Ribs.Their really a nice lean cut of Pork. I preheated the oven on 325 degrees. I started off by making a rub for them consisting of 1/2 teaspoon of Roasted Ground Cumin, 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt, 1/2 teaspoon Parsley Flakes, and a healthy couple of shakes of Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. Made sure the Rub covered all sides of the Ribs and then basted them with JB's Fat Boy Haugwaush BBQ Sauce. I baked them for 1 hr and 30  minutes. I basted them every 30 minutes with the Haugwaush. The Ribs came out fantastic! Moist and tender and full of flavor. I'll be having these again soon.


For my side dishes I had Green Giant White Sweet Corn, a Baked Potato, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. The White Sweet Corn was leftover from last night's meal so I just warmed that up in the microwave. For my Baked Potato I topped that with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For desert later I'm sticking with just some fruit, a Mini Banana and some Honey Crisp Apple slices.



What Are Country Style Ribs?

*Country-style ribs – Country-style ribs are cut from the blade end of the loin close to the pork shoulder. They are meatier than other rib cuts. They contain no rib bones.





Baked Country Style Pork Loin Boneless Ribs


Ingredients:

Pork Country-Style Ribs
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Salt
1/2 teaspoon Roasted Ground Cumin
1/2 teaspoon Parsley Flakes
Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
Jb's Fat Boy Haugwaush BBQ Sauce

Directions:

Combine all ingredients, except BBQ Sauce, in a bowl and mix well.
Place ribs on rack of a shallow roasting pan. Baste with sauce.
Bake at 325 degrees F. for 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours, turning and basting with sauce every 30 minutes. Cut into serving-size portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment