Sunday, November 25, 2012


Dinner Tonight: Top Sirloin Steak & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread




A chilly morning around here today, 26 degrees with a wind chill of 19 degrees. I believe winter is very close. I'm just cooking for 2 tonight, my Mom and myself. My Dad is in the hospital. He fell the other day and he's having severe pain in the rib and back areas. Scans and x-rays show no breaks but there is something causing the pain.

I spent some of the day at the hospital but Mom was up there all day so I wanted to make sure I prepared her a good and hearty meal. So I prepare a couple of Top Sirloin Steaks & Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato, Green Beans, and Whole Grain Bread. I used a couple of the Costco Top Sirloin Steaks. Which reminds me I have to go to Costco next week, they have their Holiday Prime Rib in stores now and I want to put one away for Christmas. I Really like Costco Meats, for price and freshness. These Steaks have such good flavor the only seasoning needed is a little Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. I pan fried them in Canola Oil. I had to fry them a little longer than normal because of the thickness of them. I had to fry the larger of the 2 about 10 minutes total, 5 minutes per side. This one's for Mom, she likes her Steak Well Done. The other Steak was on for about 9 minutes, 4 1/2 minutes per side. They came out perfect! One tender Well done and the other a moist and juicy Medium Rare. I just love the flavor of these Costco Steaks!

For sides I had a couple of Baked Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. I always just microwave my Baked Potatoes anymore, Easier, quicker, and just as good as baking them. Just scrub your Potatoes with water removing any dirt and with a sharp knife puncture the Potato about 3 times on each side. This helps the Potato to cook completely inside. For the Green Beans I used my favorite , besides home canned Green Beans, Del Monte Cut Green Beans and we had Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.

No comments:

Post a Comment