Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato & Cheddar and Bacon Bits Soup


Today's Menu: Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato & Cheddar and Bacon Bits Soup




Another one of those day's where I planned on a bigger meal but was running late helping my Mom out, still has a bad case of the flu. Fortunately I have a full freezer and pantry where I can make last minute dinners.

I went with a Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich w/ Chunky Baked Potato & Bacon Bits Soup. Always a hearty, quick and easy dinner! I used Oscar Mayer Carver Board Ham, Sargento Ultra Thin Colby - Jack Cheese, Litehouse Lite Thousand Island Dressing, and Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread to make my sandwich with. Thousand Island Dressings is a great way to liven up any sandwich, especially when you can find a great tasting Lite or Reduced Fat one. The Litehouse Lite is only 70 calories and 4 carbs per serving. To make the sandwich I butter both pieces of the bread with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and then on the unbuttered sides I spread the Thousand Island Dressing, then layer the Ham, and then the Cheese. I heated a small frying pan spraying it with Pam Spray and melting about a 1/2 pat of I Can't.. butter in the pan. When the butter stops bubbling I add my sandwich. I grill it on both sides until they are golden brown and the cheese is just starting to melt. A Grilled Cheese is good anytime of the day but one with added Ham and the Thousand Island Dressing makes it special!





Along with the sandwich I had a bowl of Campbell's Chunky Baked Potato with Cheddar and Bacon Bits Soup, 200 calories and 24 carbs per serving. One of Campbell's Better Soups. Very good tasty, thick and hearty Soup. I topped with a some Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. A warm and hearty last minute meal! For dessert later  a Jello Sugarless Dark Cherry Jello.






Baked Potato with Cheddar & Bacon Bits Soup

Hearty chunks of Baked potato, rich cheddar cheese and savory bacon bits.
MmmmmmMmmmm Good!

Nutrition Facts*
Amount Per Serving (serving size) = 1 cup (240 mL)
Calories 200
Fat Calories 80
Total Fat 9g
Sat. Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg
Sodium 790mg
Total Carb. 24g
Dietary Fiber 4g
Sugars 3g
Protein 4g

No comments:

Post a Comment