Friday, September 9, 2011

Baked Pork Chops w/ Asparagus, Boiled New Potatoes and…

Dinner Tonight: Baked Pork Chops w/ Fresh Asparagus, Boiled New Potatoes, and Whole Grain
Bread



I another of the Monster Chops for dinner tonight and I marinated it in J  B’s Fat Boy’s Haugwash Barbcue Sauce. Just the name Fat Boy’s Haugwash makes my mouth water! If you’ve never tried any of their Rubs or Sauces you got to give them a try! The best I’ve ever had, bar none. Wish it was a little lower in calories and carbs but it’s worth cutting back on other things to fit this in the dinner. Anyway I marinated the Chops in the Sauce and refrigerated it for 4 hours. I removed the chops from the fridge and shook off any excess of the sauce and then seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Black Peppercorn and then applied a light rub of McCormick Grillmate’s Applewood Rub. I then pan fried the Chops browning both sides then baked the Chops at 350 degrees for 20 minutes and then flipping the Chops over and baking another 25 minutes or until temperature reads 165 degrees.

As sides I had Asparagus seasoned with Garlic Salt and Black Pepper and lightly fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter along with sliced Almonds and crumbled Turkey Bacon. I also sliced some New Potatoes up and seasoned them with Sea Salt, Pepper, and Parsley and then boiled them until they were tender, about 15 minutes. Also had a slice of Pillsbury Rustic French Bread. Dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Vanilla Carb Smart Ice Cream topped with Del Monte Sugarless Sliced Peaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment