This week's Jennie - O Turkey Recipe of the Week is a Whiskey Bacon Turkey Burger. Take your Burger to new levels with this week's recipe, Whiskey Bacon Turkey Burger. You'll be using 2 Jennie o products to make this recipe, JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon and JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey. It's topped with Sweet Onions, BBQ Sauce, and American Cheese. To saute the Onions; use butter, garlic, onion and whiskey. Now that's some caramelized onions! You can find this recipe along with all the other delicious and healthy recipes at the Jennie - O website. Enjoy and Make the Switch! https://www.jennieo.com/
Whiskey Bacon Turkey Burger
Bite into a whiskey turkey burger with bacon and American cheese. The flavor of bacon and whiskey make the perfect combination to this delicious dish!
8 strips JENNIE-O® Turkey Bacon
1 (16-ounce) package JENNIE-O® Lean Ground Turkey
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 large sweet onion, peeled and thinly sliced
¼ cup whiskey
4 hamburger buns
¼ cup barbecue sauce
4 slices American cheese
1) Cook turkey bacon as specified on the package. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer. Set aside.
2) Shape turkey into 4 patties. Prepare grill for medium heat. On preheated grill over medium heat, grill burgers 9 to 10 minutes per side turning twice. Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
3) In skillet, over medium heat add butter, garlic, onion and whiskey. Cook onions 8 minutes or until brown and caramelized.
4) On bun bottom, spread barbecue sauce, add turkey burger, cheese, bacon and onion mixture. Add bun top.
* Always cook to an internal temperature of 165°F.
RECIPE NUTRITION INFORMATION