Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries




For Breakfast this morning Mom wanted some Bacon so this morning I fried up some Bacon. I also
fried her an Over Easy Egg, toasted a couple of slices of Bread topped with Apple Butter, and a cup of Coffee. For myself a couple of slices of Bacon, toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin, and my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. A nice day out there today, mostly sunny and 72 degrees. They finished up repainting our deck and it looks great! They did a very good job! Anyway after Lunch headed over to see dad for a bit. He's getting stronger. They have him walking with a walker again and he's getting in and out of chairs and bed by himself. So we'll wait and see what happens. Back home just did some light cleaning inside and outside. For dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.


I had purchased the Tilapia at Kroger last week and had them in the freezer. Let them thaw overnight
in the fridge. To prepare it I rinsed the fillets off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I seasoned it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted a 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter down and rubbed the fillets down with it, covering both sides. I then covered both sides, with Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning. I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a Cast Iron Skillet and preheated it until the Oil was almost ready to start smoking and I added the Tilapia. Just a word of warning have your window open and overhead stove fan a working, it will smoke! I cooked the fillet for 3 minutes each side and it was fork tender and ready. I love the smokey and blackened flavor the Zatarain’s Seasoning provides. Served it on a Kroger Whole Wheat Mini Sub Bun.




For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. Also had a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding topped with CoolWhip Free.







Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0
http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment