Sunday, April 16, 2017

Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots









For Breakfast on this Easter Morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin,
Scrambled 1 Egg, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Not much going on today. Mom went on to Church early, she was meeting some friends for Breakfast. I stayed home and did a load of laundry and cleaned the house. Cloudy this morning and rain moved in by the afternoon. Went over to see Dad for a while and back home to fix an Easter Dinner for me and Mom. I prepared a Prime Rib w/ Savory Herb Potatoes, Cut Green Beans, and Whole Baby Carrots.






We had a Prime Rib Roast in the freezer that I had purchased at Mejier. I like Prime Rib but it’s so overpriced. This was one that weighed just over 3 lbs., 3.7 lbs. Just the right size for myself and Mom.












I preheated the oven on 325 degrees. I took a small roaster pan and sprayed it Pam Cooking Spray and I rubbed a light coat of Extra light Olive Oil on it. Once the oven was heated I put the Roast in the pan and baked it for about 2 hours total. I took the pan out and checked the internal temperature with my meat thermometer and it was right where we wanted at 121 degrees.








I let the Roast sit for 10 minutes before slicing it. The Roast was cooked to a perfect Medium Rare. The Roast came moist and juicy! Cutting in to it was very tender and has an excellent taste. We’ll definitely purchase this again from Meijer!












Mom loves having multiple side dishes with meals so I prepared a good variety. For one side I prepared some Little Potato Company Savory Herb Potatoes. Then I prepared a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Then I opened up a can of Kroger Brand Whole Baby Carrots. I also baked some of Mom's favorite Rolls, Hawaiian Rolls. For my Dessert later a Breyer’s 100 Calorie Cup of Vanilla Ice Cream. Hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment