Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fried Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans, Creole Roasted Chicken Rice, and....

Dinner Tonight: Fried Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans, Creole Roasted Chicken Rice, and Whole Grain
Bread





After the storms last night moved through it brought with some nicer weather with it. Finally the humidity was bearable with a high around 80, not bad at all.Dinner tonight I prepared a Fried Haddock w/ Fresh Green Beans, Creole Roasted Chicken Rice, and Whole Grain Bread.








I had purchased some beautiful Haddock Fillets at Kroger the day before and used one for dinner tonight and froze the other two. I rinsed the fillet off and patted dry and then slightly seasoned it with Sea Salt. I then cut the fillet into smaller pieces and put them into a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag and added Zatarain's Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook in the bag until the pieces were well covered. I pan fried the pieces in Canola Oil about 3 - 4 minutes per side. I tried the Zatarain's Mix a while back and now use it most of the time, I love the seasoning and crust it provides.



To go with the Haddock I prepared a box of Tony Chachere’s Creole Roasted Chicken Rice. Third time I’ve prepared this and I really enjoy it! It’s fewer calories and carbs than Uncle Ben’s Rice, which I really enjoy also. Easy to prepare and ready in about 30 minutes. I also had some fresh Green Beans that were prepared by my Mom for their dinner yesterday, just warmed up in the microwave. To complete it I also had a couple of slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a Jello Sugarless Double Chocolate Pudding.





Tony Chachere’s Creole Roasted Chicken Rice


Creole Roasted Chicken Rice Mix 7 oz.


Creole Roasted Chicken Flavored Dinner Mix has the rich roasted flavor that's great alone, or add chicken to make your meal complete! Quick and simple.


Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/3 cup (46g) Dry Mix

Servings Per Container: about 4
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 160
Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0g 0%

Saturated Fat: 0g 0%

Cholesterol: 0mg 0%

Sodium: 560mg 23%

Total Carb: 34g 11%

Dietary Fiber: 0g 1%

Sugars: 0



http://shop.tonychachere.com/creole-roasted-chicken-rice-mix-7-oz-p-21691.html

No comments:

Post a Comment