Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fried Crappie w/ Red Beans and Rice, Boiled Mini Ears of Corn...

Dinner Tonight: Fried Crappie w/ Red Beans and Rice, Boiled Mini Ears of Corn, and Corn Bread






Spent the better part of the day cleaning the kitchen. Pulled the stove out and cleaned behind it, straightened shelves, and gave the fridge and freezer a good cleaning. While cleaning the freezer I came across tonight's dinner! I thought I had used all the Okeechobee Crappie that was given to me but I found 4 bags of it in the back of the freezer. So for dinner tonight I prepared Fried Crappie w/ Red Beans and Rice, Boiled Mini Ears of Corn, and Corn Bread. I prepared the Cornbread for Mom and Dad, I had Whole Grain Bread.




After the bags of Crappie thawed out I rinsed them with water and patted dry with paper towel. I seasoned them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put them into a gallon size Hefty Freezer Bag and added Zatarain's Lemon Pepper Breading Mix to the bag. Zipped shut the bag and shook it until the fillets were well covered. Pan fried them in Canola Oil, about 2-3 minutes per side, until they were golden brown. And what a taste, the best tasting Crappie there is! Crappie are Crappie but the ones from Lake Okeechobee have no rivals!





For sides for this delicious Crappie I prepared  some of Grandma Maud's Red Bean and Rice. I had prepared the Black Beans and Rice several times, and love it, so I thought I would try the Red Beans and Rice. Just follow the easy instructions on the package and you have some great Red Beans and Rice! It had a good Cajun Seasoning to it and was only 100 calories and 16 net carbs. This would go great with a Blackened Chicken or Shrimp. I also boiled some Green Giant Mini Ears of Sweet Corn and I baked a Cat Iron Skillet of Martha White Cornbread. The Cornbread was for Mom and Dad, I had a slice of Healthy Life Whole Grain Bread. For dessert later a bowl Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Ice Cream topped with Dole Chef Cuts Mango Pineapple.





Gramdma Maud's Bean Meals Red Beans and Rice

Authentic southern Cajun flavors combined with a rich, smoky essence make Grandma Maud’s Red Beans & Rice an easy side dish or complete meal with no added meat or fat.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/4 cup (29 g)
Per Serving % Daily Value*
Calories 100

Calories from Fat 0

Total Fat 0.0g 0%

Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%

Cholesterol 0mg 0%

Sodium 470mg 20%

Carbohydrates 20.0g 7%

Dietary Fiber 4.0g 16%

Sugars 2.0g

Protein 5.0g



http://www.grandmamauds.com/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment