Monday, October 29, 2012

Turkey Tacos!


Dinner Tonight: Turkey Tacos





I'll start off by saying our prayers and thoughts go out to all those affected by the incoming hurricane, may you all be safe! I Had these about a week ago and couldn't wait any longer to have them again, Turkey Tacos! I used Honeysuckle White Ground Turkey (93/7). I seasoned it a bit with Cilantro, Sea Salt, and Smoked Ground Cumin and I used Old El Paso Taco Seasoning.

For the Taco fillers I prepared a good variety to please everyone. I prepared a can of Del Monte Whole Kernal Corn, a can of Bush's Reduced Sodium Black Beans, sliced Black Olives, diced Tomato's, shredded Lettuce, Deli Style Sliced Tamed Jalapeno's, 2 types of Cheese Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheese and fresh grated Dutch Gouda, and two types of Taco Sauce- Old El Paso Medium Taco Sauce and Taco Bell Bold and Creamy Chipotle Sauce. So we had plenty of choices of toppings for some great tasting Tacos! I also added a side of Refried Beans.






To assemble my Taco I first layered the bottom with shredded Lettuce, the Lettuce helps soak up any moisture so the bottom of your Taco doesn't get soggy.





 After the Lettuce I layered in my ground Turkey, then Black Olives, Corn, Black Beans, Taco Bell Bold & Creamy Chipotle Sauce and all of it topped with shredded Dutch Gouda Cheese! Ohhh tooo GOOD!


 For dessert later a Jello Sugar free Chocolate Pudding topped with some Cool Whip Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment