Monday, October 15, 2012


Today’s Menu: Smoked Cheddar Bison Burger w/ Baked Crinkle Fries


I had planned on a bigger dinner but my Doctor's appointment was much longer than usual, the Doctor was running late today! So I went with a light and easy to prepare dinner, Smoked Cheddar Bison Burger w/ Baked Crinkle Fries. I used Great Range Ground Bison. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Steakhouse Seasoning and fried it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 4 minutes per side. It came out just like I wanted medium rare! It’s tough to beat the taste of Bison and how easy it is to prepare. Bison’s a lean meat so it fries up or grills in a short period of time. I just hope it doesn’t keep going up in price like it has been. I topped my Burger with a slice of Borden’s Smoked Cheddar and served it on a Healthy Life Whole Grain Bun.

For a side I baked up some Alexia Crinkle Fries. Crisp and great tasting fries plus only 120 calories and 19 carbs. For a dessert/snack later a 100 Calorie Mini Bag of Jolly Time Pop Corn.



Alexia Oven Crinkles Classic

Pacific Northwest Russet Potatoes lightly seasoned with sea salt make this delicious and classic recipe an everyday pleasure.

Nutrition:

Serving Size: 3oz (84g/about 13 pieces)
Servings per container: 5.4
Calories [per serving]: 120
Calories from fat: 35
DAILY %
Total Fat 4.0g 6%
Saturated Fat 0.0g 0%
Trans Fat 0.0g
Poly-
unsaturated
Fat 0.5g
Mono-
unsaturated
Fat 3.0g
Cholesterol 0.0mg 0%
Sodium 7mg 7%
Potassium 280mg 8%

DAILY %
Total Carbohydrate 6g 6%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Sugars 0g
Protein 2g
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 0%
Iron 4″%

No comments:

Post a Comment