Friday, October 12, 2012

Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Mac & Cheese, Green Beans, and...


Dinner Tonight: Fried Yellow Lake Perch w/ Mac & Cheese, Green Beans and Cornbread



I'm using the last of my Yellow Lake Perch I had frozen. It's time to make another trip to  Meijer to stock up on the Yellow Lake Perch. I love Fish and all Sea Food. I washed the Perch and patted them dry then seasoned them with Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper. The fillets are small and I cut them in half. I then took a Ziplock Bag and put a 1/2 cup of Progresso Italian Style Breadcrumbs in it and added my fillets and shook the bag until the fillets were coated. I pan fried the fillets in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, about 2 1/2 minutes per side. As I said earlier the fillets were small and not very thick so they fried up real quick. They came out golden and delicious!

For side dishes I had Mac & Cheese, Green Beans and Cornbread.I microwaved a single serving of Velveeta/Kraft Shells & Cheese (made with 2% milk). I also heated a single serving of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and made a small cast iron skillet of Cornbread! Cornbread is the perfect bread with fish.  I used Martha White Corn Meal Mix. It’s easy to fix, the instructions are on the bag. I use Egg Beaters and Extra Virgin Oil instead of Eggs and Vegetable Oil the recipe calls for. Bake at 450 degrees for about 25 minutes and you have some golden brown piping hot Cornbread! If you use a small cast iron skillet just cut the recipe in half and it comes out just right for the skillet size. For dessert later a bowl of Blue Bunny Chocolate/Vanilla Swirl Frozen Yogurt.






The Martha White Corn Meal

White Self-Rising Corn Meal Mix. Self Rising White Enriched with Hot Rize®

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 3 Tbsp (31g)
Amount per Serving
Calories 110
Calories from Fat 5
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1g1%
Saturated Fat 0g0%
Trans Fat 0g
Sodium 440mg18%
Total Carbohydrate 22g7%
Dietary Fiber 2g6%
Protein 2g
Calcium2%Iron6%Thiamin10%Riboflavin6%Niacin6%Folic Acid15%

http://www.marthawhite.com/products/ProductDetail.aspx?catID=286&prodID=618

No comments:

Post a Comment