Saturday, July 23, 2011

Veal and Brown Mushroom Gravy w/ Mashed Potatoes and...

Dinner Tonight: Veal and Brown Mushroom Gravy w/ Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Asparagus


I'm going to have start having this Veal more often, it's fantastic! I've been buying the Private Selection Cubed Veal Steak from Kroger. It's the most tender and delicious Veal I've ever come across. I seasoned it with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn and then lightly coated it with Italian Style Bread Crumbs. I pan fried the Cube Steak in Extra Virgin Olive Oil about 3 minutes per side and it came out perfect!

To top the Veal I made some Mushroom Brown Gravy. Thanks to the inspiration from another blogger, Please Pass The Tofu who always has a very good blog that's full of ideas and recipes! For the Gravy I used Pioneer Brown Gravy. I sliced some Portabella Mushrooms and lightly sauteed them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. After making the Gravy I added the sauteed Mushrooms and mixed well. I used the Gravy to top the Veal and also my side of Mashed Potatoes. Homemade Mashed Potatoes are great but Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes are just as good and whole lot easier! Microwave them for 3 minutes remove them from the microwave give them a good stir and microwave them again for another 3 minutes and you have your Mashed Potatoes. As my other side I had fresh Asparagus that I cut into 3 pieces and seasoned with Garlic Salt and Black Pepper and then lightly fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. No clue on a dessert tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment