Sunday, July 3, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf w/ Sliced New Potatoes and ...

Dinner Tonight: Turkey Meatloaf w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Honey Glazed Sliced Carrots, and Harvest Grain Bread.




It's a COMFORT FOOD Heaven for dinner tonight! I made a Turkey Meatloaf that was perhaps the ultimate in Turkey Meatloaf! I know I've done something good when my Mom takes a bite and says " Mark I think that's some of the best Meatloaf I've ever had". I listed the recipe at the end of the post. For the Turkey I used Honeysuckle White 93/7 Ground Turkey. For sides we had boiled Sliced New Potatoes that were seasoned with Sea Salt, Ground Pepper, Ground Thyme, Cumin, and Parsley. Also had Green Giant Honey Glazed Carrots and Kroger Bakery Harvest Grain Bread. Try the Turkey Meatloaf its delicious! Another good thing there was a lot of Meatloaf left over and that means, Meatloaf Sandwiches!


Turkey Meatloaf

* Instead of the 1 cup of Chopped Onions I used 1/4 Cup of Chopped Chives and 1 Teaspoon of Onion Powder *
*  I also used 2 Mini Loaf Foil Pans instead of the 1 8x4 pan *

Ingredients

           2 Tablespoons Butter  or I Can't Believe It's Not Butter
           1 Cup Onions, Chopped
           3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
           1 1/4 lbs Ground Turkey
           1/2 Cup Italian Breadcrumbs
           1/4 Cup Egg Substitute  (Egg Beaters)
           1 Cup Catsup
           2 Teaspoons Worcestershire Sauce
           1 Teaspoon Cumin
           1 Teaspoon Ground Thyme
           3/4 Teaspoon Sea Salt
           1/2 Teaspoon Black Pepper

Directions

   1. Melt butter in a skillet.
   2. Cook onion and garlic in melted butter for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
   3. Place mixture in a large bowl to cool for 5 minutes.
   4. Combine turkey, bread crumbs, egg, 1/4 cup of the catsup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper with onion mixture.
   5. Press meatloaf into an 8x4-inch loaf pan.
   6. Spread remaining catsup on top.
   7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes.
   8. (Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees.) Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.




No comments:

Post a Comment