Saturday, July 9, 2011

Top Sirloin and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and...

Today's Menu: Top Sirloin and Sauteed Mushrooms w/ Baked Potato and Whole Grain Bread


I had Beef instead of Bison for dinner tonight. First time in a whille I've had Beef but the other day at Kroger I seen this cut of Top Sirloin and it looked too good to pass by. I seasoned the Sirloin with Sea Salt and McCormick Grinder Black Pepper. I was going to grill it but it was just too hot and humid really to be out so I pan fried it in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. It was a thick cut so I fried it about 5 minutes per side. For the Mushrooms I lightly Sauteed them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter and seasoned them with Ground Roasted Cumin, Thyme, Minced Garlic, Sea Salt and Pepper. As sides i had a Baked Potato along with healthy Life Whole grain Bread. For dessert later on I made a pan of Pillsbury Sugarless  Fudge Brownies so I'll have a half serving of that with a couple of scoops of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla ice Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment