Monday, July 11, 2011

Baked Catfish Tenders w/ Diced New Potatoes and Cheddar - Garlic Biscuits

Today's Menu: Baked Catfish Tenders w/ Diced New Potatoes and Cheddar - Garlic Biscuits

With the heat index at 104 degrees out I wanted something that didn't take a lot of effort. So I tried Kroger Brand Southern Fried Breaded Catfish. I baked it at 425 degrees for 20 minutes and it turned out great. They were breaded and seasoned just right! On the package there was a recipe for a Remoulade Dipping Sauce which turned out to be a huge free extra. The sauce was fantastic and would be great for many dishes. I'll leave the recipe at the end of the post. Along with the Catfish I had Diced New Potatoes that were leftover from the previous night and Bisquick Cheese - Garlic Biscuits. First time I tried the Bisquick Complete Cheese - Garlic Biscuits Mix also.Another quick and easy item! Just add a half a cup water to the mix and stir until it turns to dough. Use a tablespoon to spoon each biscuit on to a cookie sheet, it makes between 6-8 biscuits depending on the size. I actually got 10 biscuits out of it I made the portions a bit smaller to cut the calories and carbs a bit. The biscuits tasted like Red Lobster's Cheddar Biscuits! Well the easily made dinners sometimes turn out to be one the best! Dessert later a bowl of Del Monte Sugarless Sliced Peaches.

Remoulade Sauce
1 Cup Mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. Chili Sauce
1 Tsp. Garlic Salt
1 Tsp. Curry Powder or more to taste
1 Tbsp. Hot Prepared Horseradish
1 Tsp. Dry Mustard
*Mix all ingredients in a sealable container or jar. Refrigerate overnight.
* Note * I made the sauce and just refrigerated it for three hours, turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment