Monday, September 18, 2017

Baked Garlic Herbed Tilapia w/ Mac and Cheese

Dinner Tonight: Baked Garlic Herbed Tilapia w/ Mac and Cheese




I Scrambled a couple of Eggs and toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Along with a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea to start the day off. After Breakfast I went to Meijer and had to stop by Kroger for a couple of items. For the day outside its 84 degrees and humid with rain on and off. After Lunch went to spend the afternoon with Dad. He should be coming home within the next day or so. I'm not sure if it will work out or not but Mom wanted to see if he could make it here or not. Just hoping for the best! Back home for Dinner tonight I prepared a Baked Garlic Herbed Tilapia w/ Mac and Cheese.



While at Kroger earlier I picked up a 2 Fillet Package of Tilapia that had already been Seasoned with Garlic and Herbs. To prepare them I'm baking them. I preheated the oven 350 degrees. I took a small Baking Sheet and lined it with Foil and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray w/ Olive Oil. I sprayed both sides of the Tilapia with the Pam and layed them on the Baking Sheet. The Pam helps brown most meats when baking them. When the oven was ready I baked the Tilapia. I baked them for about 25 minutes, until they started to flaky.





I'm a Fish and Seafood lover and I love this Tilapia! Nicely Seasoned and Meaty. Tilapia can be prepared so many different ways and it cooks up so easily. And as I said it's a very Meaty Fish.















For my Mac and Cheese I'm using Bob Evan's Single Serving Cup Macaroni and Cheese. They come in a 2 pack microwavable bowl package. To prepare it; Cut a small slit in film to vent. Microwave on high power for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Continue cooking for an additional 30 to 40 seconds. Let cool for 2 minutes and serve! My type of side. An excellent Pasta with plenty of Cheese, the bowl is plenty for 1 person. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Diet Dr. Pepper to drink.




Tilapia
Tilapia is the common name for nearly a hundred species of cichlid fish from the tilapiine cichlid tribe. Tilapia are mainly freshwater fish inhabiting shallow streams, ponds, rivers and lakes and less commonly found living in brackish water. Wikipedia

Nutrition Facts
Tilapia, cooked
Amount Per 1 fillet (87 g)
Calories 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.3 g 3%
Saturated fat 0.8 g 4%
Polyunsaturated fat 0.5 g
Monounsaturated fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 50 mg 16%
Sodium 49 mg 2%
Potassium 331 mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
Dietary fiber 0 g 0%
Sugar 0 g
Protein 23 g 46%



BOB EVANS MACARONI AND CHEESE SINGLE SERVE
Our creamy and delicious Macaroni & Cheese, made with real cheddar, is great for a snack or a meal.

Nutritional Info
230 Calories | 9 g Fat | 820 mg Sodium | 27 g Carbs | 8 g Protein
https://www.bobevansgrocery.com/grocery-and-foods/pasta-and-rice/special-recipe-macaroni-and-cheese-single-serve

No comments:

Post a Comment