Sunday, September 24, 2017

Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Italian Pasta Salad

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Italian Pasta Salad



For Breakfast on this Sunday Morning I toasted a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin and Poached an Egg. Served the Poached Egg on top of 1/2 of the Muffin. I also had my morning cup of
Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Beautiful morning out today, about 65 degrees and sunny. The day was sunny and a high of 90 degrees. Mom went to Church and I stayed home to watch Dad. We have to do almost everything for him now and his Dementia seems to be getting worse. Not complaining though at least he's home with us. Did some laundry and cleaned the house. I still have no hearing in my right ear, starting to get worried. I go back to the doctor Monday afternoon. For Dinner tonight I prepared Fried Walleye w/ Cut Italian Beans and Italian Pasta Salad, also heated up a bag of Cauliflower and opened up a can of Del Monte Peach Slices.


While at Meijer yesterday I seen they had some more of those beautiful looking Walleye Fillets they had just got in and just couldn’t pass them up, I bought 3 Fillets. I rinsed them off in cold water, sliced into smaller pieces, and put them in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge until ready to use today.









To prepare them I seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Pepper Medley. Put the fillets in a Hefty Plastic Bag and added some Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, sealed the bag and shook till the fillet was well coated. I then fried them in Extra Light Olive Oil on medium heat, about 4 minutes per side till golden brown! I love Walleye, as I do most Fish. Walleye is so meaty and has such a fresh flavor!






For one side dish I heated a can of Allens Cut Italian Green Beans. To prepare them just empty the
can into a small sauce pan and simmer until heated. I love the taste of these, just season with a bit of Sea Salt and it’s ready! Love all Beans! Also added a Bag of Cauliflower. Comes in a Steam - Microwave Bag.








Also to go with my Walleye I prepared a box of Hidden Valley Pasta Salad - Homestyle Italian. It
comes packaged with the Pasta and the Seasoning Packets. I added Sliced Black and Green Olives, Vinegar, and Extra Light Olive Oil. To prepare it; I'll will need: 2 tbsp. vinegar. 1/4 cup vegetable oil. Pour the pasta into 5-quart saucepan 2/3 full of boiling water. Gently boil uncovered for 11 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix the vinegar with contents of seasoning packet. Stir well. Next add the oil and stir well again. Drain the pasta. Rinse with cold water; drain well. Stir pasta into the seasoning mixture. I then added the sliced Black Olives and sliced Green Olives.  And it's ready to serve!Excellent Seasoning, a perfect Pasta Salad.







Hidden Valley® Homestyle Italian Pasta Salad.
Rotini pasta and zesty Italian seasoning mix with real herbs.
Per 1/2 cup as packaged:
170 calories.
0g sat fat, 0% DV.
410mg sodium, 17% DV.
5g sugars.

Ingredients
Enriched Plain/Spinach/Tomato Rotini (Durum Wheat Semolina, Tomato Solids, Dried Spinach, Iron, Niacin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Sugar, Salt, less than 2% of: Natural Flavors (Milk, Soy), Spices, Dried Garlic, Dried Red Bell Pepper, Paprika, Basil, Dried Onion, Oregano, Honey, Xanthan Gum.
https://www.hiddenvalley.com/products/side-dishes-and-appetizers/pasta-salads/homestyle-italian-pasta-salad/

No comments:

Post a Comment