Saturday, September 30, 2017

White Lake Perch w/ Potato Puffs

Dinner Tonight: White Lake Perch w/ Potato Puffs





To start my day off I Scrambled a couple of Eggs, fried a couple of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links, toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie’s Light Whole Grain Bread, and had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Went out to grab the morning papers and it was about 47 degrees and a
beautiful Fall dawn morning. A huge flock of Geese was flying southward overhead, the Season's are a changing! Overnight I took a pretty bad fall. I guess I was sleep walking, or attempting to. I didn't get to far without my walker. My entire right side is sore and cut my knee up. Not a good way to start the day off! Did a few light chores around the house and then headed outside to enjoy the beautiful Fall day. Got the cart out for most of the afternoon. For Dinner tonight its White Lake Perch w/ Potato Puffs.





I had purchased the White Lake Perch at Meijer and had a bag in the freezer. Sit it in the fridge
overnight to thaw. A couple of weeks ago had this same combination of the White Perch and Potato Puffs. It was so good I'm having it again! To prepare the fillets; I first took a large skillet and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray and then added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil to the pan and heated it medium heat. With the pan heating I got the fillets ready. I’ll be seasoning them with Morton’s Lite Salt and Zatarain’s Seasoned Fish-Fri Seafood Breading Mix. First Salted them and then put the Fillets in a plastic bag and added the Breading. Shook the bag until the Fillets were covered.





Then added a few of them to the preheated skillet. I fried them 3 minutes per side. They came out a golden brown! The Perch was delicious, just love fresh water fish as I do all Fish. Meijer is about the only store that carries the White Perch and they also will have Yellow Lake Perch from time to time.








Then for a side dish I prepared I had some Alexia Potato Puffs, that I had leftover in the freezer. To prepare them; Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Arrange the frozen potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with foil. Baked for 25, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Excellent Potato Product, browned up perfect with excellent seasoning. For Dessert later a Sugar Free Cherry Jello Cup.







Calories in White Lake Perch, wild
Serving Size: 1 oz

Calories 25.7.
Total Fat 0.3 g.
Saturated Fat 0.1 g.
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1 g.
Cholesterol 25.5 mg.
Sodium 17.6 mg.
Potassium 76.2 mg.
Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g.

No comments:

Post a Comment