Monday, November 23, 2015

Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes



Another cold morning out there again, in the mid 20's but little to no breeze. After breakfast I headed
out to Meijer for a few items and then on to Kroger to finish up. Picked up a few Gift Cards and Christmas Cards for the upcoming Christmas. All the stores have their Christmas items out all ready, and Kroger had Christmas Trees out already, way to early for me! Back home did some laundry and light cleaning around the house. I have to at the Hospital by 9:30  in the morning for the minor finger surgery tomorrow. For dinner it was Haddock and Leftovers, I prepared Seasoned Haddock w/ Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and Potatoes.




I had a few bags of the Haddock in the freezer so I grabbed 1 bag and let it thaw in the fridge overnight. I had already cleaned and cut the fillet into smaller pieces. To prepare them I seasoned
them with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix, the perfect combo. The Zatarain’s Breading and Seasonings are my favorites. I love Haddock it cooks up so nicely and I love the flavor and how meaty it is.



The side dishes were easy to prepare, it's the leftover Golden Hominy and Cut Green Beans and
Potatoes from last night's dinner. Put both in bowls and reheated them in the microwave. Both came out as good as they were last night! Golden Hominy has quickly become one of my favorite sides. Just love the taste of it. I also had a slice of Aunt Millie's Whole Grain Bread topped with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice Cream Bar, another favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment