Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pan - Fried Oysters w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and...

Dinner Tonight: Pan - Fried Oysters w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Wheat Bread







Well got the driveway clear of snow and ice and the streets are all clear and now it snowed again and then freezing rain on top of it. From what I seen on the weather forecast earlier it's going to be in the 20's all week with lows in the single digits. Sure miss my beautiful Fall weather! For dinner tonight it''s Pan - Fried Oysters w/ Sliced New Potatoes, Corn on the Cob, and Wheat Bread.







I had a small container of Willapoint Shucked Oysters, that I had picked up at Kroger the other day, that I've been wanting to use. I just love all Seafood and Oysters are no exception! I almost always use Willapoint Oysters, always fresh with an incredible taste. I pan fried these in Canola Oil. To prepare them I needed; 1 container Hilton's Willapoint Oysters, 1/2 cup corm meal, 1 egg, beaten with 1 teaspoon water, and 2 tablespoons Canola Oil. To fry them I drained the oysters. Then dipped prepared oysters in the egg, then in corm meal, coating thoroughly. Set aside to dry. Heat Canola Oil in frying pan to 370 degrees Fahrenheit (or until quite hot). Then fry the oysters until golden brown on one side, then turn carefully to brown the other (about 4 minutes on each side). They fried up a beautiful golden brown with a fresh taste, love Seafood!







For one side dish I heated up a can of Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes. I use a lot of Del Monte Vegetable Products, always delicious and store a lot longer than fresh Vegetables. I always use fresh though when I have any. I also boiled  some Green Giant Mini Ears of Sweet Corn along with a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread. For dessert/snack later some sliced Cracker Barrel 2% Sharp Cheddar Cheese with Ritz Whole Grain Crackers.

   






Pan-Fried Oysters
Ingredients
1 8-ounce or 16-ounce container Hilton's Willapoint Oysters
1 cup corm meal
2 eggs, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil or cooking fat
Drain oysters. Dip prepared oysters in egg, then in corm meal, coating thoroughly. Set aside to dry. Heat oil or fat in frying pan to 370 degrees Fahrenheit (or until quite hot). Fry oysters until golden brown on one side, then turn carefully to brown the other (about 4 minutes on each side) Serve immediately. Serves 3-5.


Willapoint fresh Shucked Oysters (Coast Seafoods)

NUTRITIONAL BENEFITS OF OYSTERS
Oysters are naturally high in many essential vitamins and minerals including protein, iron, omega 3 fatty acids, calcium, zinc, and vitamin C.

http://www.coastseafoods.com/nutrition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment